When you are working with a lot of worksheets and reports or try to open large SQL files, you may run into “Java Heap Space” errors.
To fix this problem you need to increase the Xmx (maximum heap size).
Here is how:
- Close all open SQL-Developer instances.
- Find the “sqldeveloper.conf” file
- goto the directory where the SQL-Developer program is installed.
- goto the subdirectory “sqldeveloper\bin”
- Mac OS X:
- goto your applications folder (“/Applications”)
- open the SQLDeveloper-App via context menu (“right mouse click”)
- goto the subdirectory “Contents/Resources/sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/bin”
- Open the file “sqldeveloper.conf” with the text editor of your choise.
- Add a new line with the following text to the file:
- Save the file.